LANCASTER, Pa. - The Atlantic East Conference announced the Team Academic winners for the winter and spring sports this week, naming men's basketball, women's basketball and baseball winners for the Saints.
The Team Academic Award is awarded to the institution's team that had the top GPA in its respective sport through the semester(s) it played in. The GPA is calculated for each season as follows:
- Fall Season Teams (WSOC, MSOC, WVB, FH, WXC, MXC): Fall Semester Grades
- Winter Season Teams (WBB, MBB, WSWIM, MSWIM): Cumulative of Fall and Spring Semester Grades
- Spring Season Teams (MLAX, WLAX, BB, SB, MGOLF, WGOLF, MT&F, WT&F, MTEN, WTEN): Spring Semester Grades
With strong performances in the classrom, the Saints grabbed three winners:
- Men's Basketball: 3.34 Team GPA (Fall and Spring semester)
- Women's Basketball: 3.70 Team GPA (Fall and Spring semester)
- Baseball: 3.23 GPA (Spring semester)
For the full list of winners from the league, click here.