RICHMOND, Va. – Sophomore Hayley Elizondo had quite a weekend at the Yellow Jacket Invitational the past two days, including two program-record performances on Saturday to guide the Marymount women's swim team to an eighth-place team finish with 547 points through three sessions.
Elizondo first eliminated a six-year program record held by Kim Rizzo in the 400-yard IM, posting a first-place time of 4:38.95. She beat out Rizzo's 2011 time by almost three seconds.
She later shattered another program record that was held by Ashley Smith back in 2009 in the 100-yard breast. With her third-place time of 1:07.70, she bettered her program's second-best time from last year's CAC Championship of 1:09.12 and Smith's top time of 1:08.44.
Her decorated trip also included a move in second place in program history in the 200-yard breast, sitting just behind teammate and senior Morgan Alston. On Saturday, she collected a time of 2:27.55 for third place to move from third in program history past Smith again and into second. Alston set her program-record time of 2:25.57 at last year's CAC Championship.
For the full list of final team scores, click here.
Below is a list of the rest of the individual Top-10 finishes through the three-session event:
- 500yd Freestyle: Taylor Plumley, 7th (5:19.39)
- 200yd IM: Morgan Alston, 2nd (2:14.81)
- First place among DIII competitors
- 200yd IM: Claire Cassidy, 4th (2:15.36)
- 400yd IM: Hayley Elizondo, 1st (4:38.95) PROGRAM RECORD
- 400yd IM: Claire Cassidy, 4th (4:53.42)
- 200yd Freestyle: Taylor Plumley, 6th (2:00.06)
- 100yd Breast: Hayley Elizondo, 3rd (1:07.70) PROGRAM RECORD
- 1650yd Freestyle: Taylor Plumley, 5th (18:19.88)
- 200yd Breast: Hayley Elizondo, 3rd (2:27.55)
The Saints now take a month hiatus from competition, returning in 2018 for a CAC matchup at the University of Mary Washington on January 15.