ARLINGTON, Va. – We're approaching August, which means the summer leagues are coming to a close or creeping up on the playoffs for more than a dozen Marymount (Va.) University baseball players.
Scattered up and down the Mid-Atlantic to New England region, 15 Saints are playing summer ball, getting in the extra reps for a hopeful 2018 season. Below is a list of the players, who they are playing for, and links to show how they are doing:
- Luke Tyree: Nashua Silver Knights, Futures Collegiate League
- Matthew Schneider, Justin DiDonato, Max Larimore: Wellsville Nitros, New York Collegiate League
- Kaden Darrow: Olean Oilers, New York Collegiate League
- Collin Bazemore, Conner Hall: Herndon Braves, Cal Ripken Collegiate League
- Michael Wade: Putty Hill Panthers, Maryland Collegiate League
- Nick Smutko, Kenny Sysyn: New Brunswick Matrix, Atlantic Baseball Confederation
- Alex Miller: Coastal Ironbirds, Cal Ripken Collegiate League
- Cal Berman: Quincy Phillies, Cranberry League
- Ryan Scheufele: Baltimore Rays, Maryland Collegiate League
- Austin Sizemore: Lakeside Sluggers, Piedmont League
- Patrick Berthelette: Mt. Pleasant Sharks, Mid-Atlantic Collegiate League
Hall has recently finished up the Cal Ripken Collegiate League with teammate Bazemore, but his summer season isn't over yet. He has just signed on with the Waynesboro Generals in the Valley League, a prestigious league for summer baseball. He joins up with one week left in the regular season for the Generals, as they sit in the mix for a run to the postseason. Hall is the first player in program history to be invited to play in the Valley League.
Additionally, Assistant Coach Mike Cassidy returned to the Futures Collegiate League for his second year as the Head Coach of the Martha's Vineyard Sharks, who currently sit second in their division with a 19-20 record and two weeks left in the regular season.